The Henderson Memorial Public Library invites you to join us for a month of Seussical fun and adventure in March!
Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! Thank you for the books that have inspired so many beginning readers! The library will be celebrating in style with Cat in the Hat Crafts, Can You Haiku?, Create a Truffula Tree, How many words are in Green Eggs & Ham?, and a special Seussical Fun on the Run Packets!
As a special treat, the library is encouraging all kids ages 0-12 to take the Read Across America Reading Challenge through the end of March. Reading Challenge Forms are available for pick up at the library or curbside. Complete five of the reading activities and bring in your completed form by March 31, 2021 for a small prize and a chance to win one of three grand prizes. Complete the WHOLE board for an extra two entries into the grand prize drawing. BIG kids over age 8, make sure you are reading at least twenty minutes for each square.
Don't forget Dr. Seuss Day on March 2, 2021!
HOW YOU CAN OBSERVE #ReadAcrossAmericaDay #DrSeussDay
There are so many ways to participate in this day.
- Pick up an interesting book and read it.
- More importantly, read with a child.
- Join your library.
- Read a book you’ve been meaning to read.
- Read a book you’ve read before. You may discover that it has new meaning to you since you last read it.
- Try reading aloud, even if it is just to yourself. It will make great practice for reading to children. (Hint, hint.)